sensors for demanding applications
Ahmic Aerospace combines a diverse engineering approach with knowledge of industry requirements to develop sensors for simple and reliable operation in demanding environments. We understand unique applications require a custom test approach and instrumentation strategy. Ahmic maintains a strong collaborative relationship with our customers to identify measurement needs and ensure the best possible solution.
Find your missing data point.
Ahmic’s direct-measuring skin friction / wall shear sensors are designed for general and harsh operating conditions and cover a large performance spectrum from hypersonic flows to extreme enthalpies.
Typical Sensor Specifications:
- Sensing profile size: Ø 0.25 - 0.75 in.
- Wall shear magnitude: 0.01 - 50 psf
- Frequency range: 100 - 5,000+ Hz
- Simultaneous streamwise & crossflow measurements
- Robustness in vibration & shock environments
- Adaptable material & contoured surfaces
- NIST-traceable calibrations
- Patent Pending Technology
Indirect techniques for estimating wall shear include analytical correlations and analogies but are often limited to common, well-understood test environments. CFD is a powerful tool, but care must be taken regarding its limitations and applicability. Additionally, CFD typically requires experimental validation to solutions of unknown problems. However, direct-measurement methods, such as Ahmic's skin friction sensors, do not require any foreknowledge of the flowfield and are the most accurate approach to determining wall shear under all flow conditions.
Ahmic offers a wide range of high-performance pressure transducers, including dual-measurement models for surface temperature. Units are adaptable to a variety of applications: aerospace, test & measurement, laboratory & calibration, production, and energy control.
Typical Transducer Specifications:
- Adaptable profile size: Ø 0.25 - 0.50 in.
- Pressure ranges: 5 - 10,000 psi
- High frequency response: 500+ kHz
- Absolute or sealed reference modes
- Dual-measurement surface temperature
- Excellent long term stability
- Liquid & gas compatibility
- Low cost options
All transducers are made of corrosive resistant materials and utilize high-reliability bulk type semiconductor gauges. The hermetic header is located just behind the transducer diaphragm, isolating the semiconductor to an inert environment thus dramatically increasing stability and reliability. Custom operating temperatures, pressure ranges, high-vibration resistance, and long-term stability options are available. Transducers come in flush-mount or threaded-mount models and are compatible with a variety of adapters. Ahmic Aerospace is a proud partner with Micron Instruments.